We’re looking for a Social Media Guru to help us maximise the positive impact of our ASPIRE360 Round Britain Challenge. Are you a tech savvy social media guru looking for adventure? Then we need you! Expand your portfolio of work whilst experiencing the adventure of a lifetime sailing around the UK!
Home based & sailing aboard our vessel Helen Mary R
- Start date:
- Length of appointment:
Feb to end of July 2020
- Time commitment:
Few hours a week on lead-up to departure, then sailing aboard from 30th May 2020 to approx. 17th July.
About Morvargh Sailing Project
Morvargh Sailing Project is a sail training organisation soon to be based in Fowey, Cornwall. We are a family run social enterprise which uses offshore sailing to help develop character in children and young people. Offshore sailing is an unforgiving natural environment that provides a sense of risk and adventure to the participants; whilst allowing us to develop them over a range of disciplines. Sailing creates challenging and exciting activities that put people in situations where they need to solve problems which can easily be transferred into everyday life. Most people come to us with little or no sailing experience but nearly all find it life-changing!
About the ASPIRE360 Round Britain Challenge
We have recently launched an innovative partnership between Fowey River Academy and Morvargh. To cement the relationship between us we have decided to complete our #ASPIRE360 challenge once again in 2020. The challenge will see a team of up to 40 students from the school taking part in a life changing voyage as they sail 2000 nautical miles around the coast of Great Britain & Ireland. The crew, who do not need any yachting experience will sail the route in 4 legs with around 8 to 10 students on each leg.
#ASPIRE360 promises to ensure local young people, some from very challenging backgrounds, will have a chance to experience things that are normally out of reach. A large proportion of the children going to the school live in particularly deprived areas; the area suffers from a lack of aspiration, and this partnership aims to create a new and exciting way of showing young people they can achieve, they can do, and even potentially open up career paths for them into the marine industry
We are looking for a Media Support Guru to help us maximise the positive impact of #ASPIRE360.
- Creation, editing and uploading of blog content to the Morvargh Sailing Project website
- Update of website, including events, media coverage and crew pages
- Management of Morvargh Sailing Project social media during #ASPIRE360, including:
- Creation of social media content, including drafting of copy and taking / editing of images, creation of YouTube content.
- Posting across our social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Delivering on social media commitments for our friends, partners and sponsors
- Creation of newsletters for different audiences
- Providing support at media events, press conferences and media launches
- Continued idea generation for outreach
- Cheerful, proactive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Willing to undertake Enhanced DBS check
- Willing and able to sail aboard between 30th May & 17th July 2020
- Demonstrable interest and skill set in social media
- Demonstratable ability to take photos and create video content
- Passion for encouraging young people
- Experience working within small and / or remote teams
- Experience of using content management systems, such as WordPress
- Experience of using Dropbox (preferred, but not essential)
What you get in return
We would love to be able to offer a salary to the person chosen but sadly; are not just able to do so. We can however offer the experience of a lifetime, sailing around the UK with some really inspiring young people! The are no costs to you sailing aboard and all food is provided during the voyage.
We’ll supply waterproofs, lifejacket, and all the kit you need as well as a crew-top you can take away along with those awesome memories!
How to apply
To apply, please send us an email covering note and some examples of your previous work; the more creative the better to Matt & Vicky Barraud – firstname.lastname@example.org