APPLICATION TO SAIL
Due to the nature of the voyages we undertake we have to select the participants carefully to ensure that our voyages are run in a safe manner. A completed application form and deposit is not a guarantee of a place aboard. We reserve the right to select the individuals to sail based on their application form, assessment by telephone or via further questioning and assessment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AND BEHAVIOR
On payment of the full fee and providing you have completed all the necessary application form(s) and paperwork, you will be allowed to join the voyage as a Crew Member. As a Crew Member on the yacht, you agree:
- That the Skipper has the ultimate authority aboard and on all matters affecting the safety of the yacht, her Crew Members and the Environment.
- That the Skipper shall, at all times, take all necessary steps and precautions to prevent accidents and to minimise the consequences of accidents that could affect the yacht, her Crew Members and the Environment and for this purpose the Skipper has all the necessary authority, on behalf of Morvargh Sailing Project.
- To participate in any and all duties connected with the running of the yacht as directed by the Skipper. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance and cleaning of the yacht as required by the Skipper between embarkation and disembarkation.
- To embark on the yacht, report to the Skipper, and be ready for departure by the relevant Start Date of the voyage.
- To provide Morvargh Sailing Project current details of your next of kin and other information as required on the application form
- Not to bring any guests or other persons unknown to the Skipper on board the yacht without the prior authorisation of the Skipper
- Not to bring on board any items or goods that would be considered restricted or illegal in any of the countries that the yacht is due to visit on your voyage, or any other items which the Skipper has forbidden.
- At all times behave in a reasonable manner and comply with the laws and customs of the countries visited. The Skipper has absolute authority to order a Crew Member to leave the yacht if they are found contravening such laws and customs, or interfering (or judged to have the potential to interfere) with the well-being of the Crew, individual Crew Members, themselves, members of Afterguard or the yacht.
- Do nothing which may render the yacht liable to arrest or impounding
- Not bring or consume personal or private stocks of alcohol on board the yacht without the express permission of the Skipper on each and every occasion
- Not be deemed unfit to sail by the Skipper, either through the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Not use, carry, distribute or store any illegal drugs.
If you breach any of your obligations in the above, Morvargh Sailing Project will be entitled to terminate this Agreement without notice and dismiss you from the voyage. In this event, Morvargh Sailing Project will have no liability for the uncompleted voyage in which you were due to participate and you will not be entitled to a refund of any of the Fees or for payment of travel home.
The Fees do not include the following costs and expenses, which you will be responsible for the payment of:
- all personal insurance premiums which you pay connected with the voyage
- all medical costs, except for the costs of medicines obtained (appropriately) from the yacht’s medicine chest
- all visas, and entry permits required by countries and authorities during the voyage
- the cost of communications (whether by email or by phone] to and from the yacht unless it is on official yacht business or made at the request of Morvargh Sailing
- costs relating to travel (including the cost of flights, and including travelling to and from any Training or any voyage)
- any expenditure incurred by you (other than on the Yacht with the prior approval of a Morvargh Sailing Project).
A 25% deposit of the full voyage fee is required alongside a completed application form. In the case of group bookings the minimum deposit amount is also 25% of the charter fee. On receipt of your deposit, and our acceptance of you or your group on the voyage we will email confirmation of your booking. If you book less than 90 days before the departure date, you must pay the full cost of the voyage at the time of booking.
The remaining payment for your voyage must be paid 90 DAYS before the departure date. Failure to settle your account within this time frame will lead to your booking being cancelled by us and treated as a ‘voyage cancelled by you’. In certain circumstances it may be possible to accept payment for voyages by monthly standing order. Please contact us for details of this scheme, there may be an additional handling charge.
VOYAGES CANCELLED BY US
All voyages are booked with the full intention of them being delivered by Morvargh Sailing Project, however, in the unlikely event that it becomes necessary for us to cancel a voyage prior to the departure date, we will endeavour to provide you with as much notice as possible. We will always seek to offer an alternative voyage date suitable for you, but should this not be possible, the voyage fee will be refunded to you in full.
CHANGES TO ITINERARY
The nature of long distance travel on a sailing yacht means that, despite making as much provision in the scheduling as is reasonably possible, it is very difficult for us to give precise arrival times or dates at any particular destination and you must be fully aware of this when signing onto a voyage and when making any associated arrangements such as hotel or flight bookings. Morvargh Sailing Project may be forced by “Force Majeure” to change or terminate the voyage after departure. If this situation does occur, Morvargh Sailing Project will be unable to make any refunds, pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
VOYAGES CANCELLED BY YOU
Under Distance Selling Regulations, you have up to 14 days from your first booking (as registered via our online booking form) to change your mind, during which time your deposit/payment is refundable. Thereafter, your booking is confirmed and non-refundable and subject to our cancellation charges. The complexity and difficulty of providing and selling voyages means that significant costs are incurred in cancelling your arrangements. Depending on the date of termination of your booking you will be liable for the following: 91 days from departure or more, loss of deposit. 90 days to 60 days from departure – 75% of full cost. Less than 60 days from departure 100% of full cost. For the avoidance of doubt, if this Agreement is terminated for any reason, Morvargh Sailing Project retains the right to resell such places to another Client. A full refund will be given if we are able to re-book your berth or charter; if we cannot secure a re-booking all monies remain due as per above.
CHANGING YOUR BOOKING
If you should need to change your voyage dates, we ask that you do this as swiftly as possible. We can only accept changes to your booking up to 90 days before the departure date. Whilst we will do our best to assist, Morvargh Sailing Project cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of an administration fee as well as any applicable rate changes or extra costs incurred by us as well as any costs incurred by or imposed by any of our suppliers. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where Morvargh Sailing Project are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original arrangements we will treat this as a voyage cancelled by you.
REDUCTION IN NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS (GROUP BOOKINGS)
When booking a charter the cost quoted will be for the ‘whole boat’. If subsequently your numbers drop you will still be liable for the whole boat fee. A minimum of 6 people are needed to operate our vessel and as such if your participants fall below this level we will treat it as per a voyage cancelled by you.