Due to the nature of the voyages we undertake we have to select the participants carefully to ensure that our voyages are run in a safe manner. A completed passenger declaration form and deposit are not a guarantee of a place aboard. We reserve the right to select the individuals to sail based on their application form, assessment by telephone or via further questioning and assessment.
Responsibilities and behaviour of crew members
On payment of the full fee and providing you have completed all the necessary application form(s) and paperwork, you will be allowed to join the voyage as a Crew Member. If the participant is under 18 years of age and as either, a parent, guardian or teacher of the crew member on the yacht, you agree:
- That the Skipper has the ultimate authority aboard and on all matters affecting the safety of the yacht, her Crew and the Environment.
- That the Skipper shall, at all times, take all necessary steps and precautions to prevent accidents and to minimise the consequences of accidents that could affect the yacht, her Crew and the Environment and for this purpose the Skipper has all the necessary authority, on behalf of Morvargh Sailing Project.
- To participate in any and all duties connected with the running of the yacht as directed by the Skipper. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance and cleaning of the yacht as required by the Skipper between embarkation and disembarkation. To embark on the yacht, report to the Skipper, and be ready for departure by the relevant Start Date of the voyage.
- Not to bring any guests or other persons unknown to the Skipper on board the yacht without the prior authorisation of the Skipper
- Not to bring on board any items or goods that would be considered restricted or illegal in any of the countries that the yacht is due to visit on your voyage, or any other items which the Skipper has forbidden.
You also agree that you; your child, student or group participant:
- Will behave in a reasonable manner and comply with the laws and customs of the countries visited. The Skipper has absolute authority to order a Crew Member to leave the yacht if they are found contravening such laws and customs, or interfering (or judged to have the potential to interfere) with the well-being of the Crew, individual Crew Members, themselves, members of Afterguard or the yacht.
- Will do anything which may render the yacht liable to arrest or impounding.
- Will not bring or consume personal or private stocks of alcohol on board the yacht without the express permission of the Skipper on each and every occasion.
- Not be deemed unfit to sail by the Skipper, either through the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
- Not use, carry, distribute or store any illegal drugs.
- Not use, carry, distribute or store any weapons, knifes or other such items.
If you breach any of your obligations above, Morvargh Sailing Project will be entitled to terminate this Agreement without notice and dismiss you from the voyage. In this event, Morvargh Sailing Project will have no liability for the uncompleted voyage in which you were due to participate and you will not be entitled to a refund of any of the Fees or for payment of travel home.
Where dismissal of a minor is necessary the vessel will sail to the nearest safe harbour and request that the parents/guardians of the child collect them. Where any additional unplanned mooring or pilotage fees are due you agree to bbe liable for them.
Voyage or Charter Fee
Prices quoted online are per person for the whole trip. Each individual voyage page lists what is included in the price. Group bookings or charters are quoted as a whole boat fee. The Fees do not include the following costs and expenses, which you will be responsible for the payment of:
- During a voyage it may be possible to visit museums or attractions; the cost of visiting these is not normally included in the voyage fee and are completely optional.
- All personal insurance premiums which you pay connected with the voyage.
- All medical costs, except for the costs of medicines obtained (appropriately) from the yacht’s medicine chest
- All visas, and entry permits required by countries and authorities during the voyage
- The cost of communications (whether by email or by phone] to and from the yacht unless it is on official yacht business or made at the request of Morvargh Sailing
- Costs relating to travel (including the cost of flights, and travelling to and from any Training or any voyage)
- Any expenditure incurred by you (other than on the Yacht with the prior approval of the Skipper).
A deposit is required alongside a completed application form before we can approve your place/s aboard. We use Stripe as our payment processor and Morvargh Sailing Project does not store or hold credit card or financial information either physically or online. Deposits are held in a dedicated Client Account separate from our main operational account/s. Upon receipt of your deposit, and our acceptance of you or your group on the voyage we will email confirmation of your booking. If you book less than 30 days before the departure date, we require payment of the full voyage or charter fee.
The remaining payment for your voyage must be paid 30 DAYS before the departure date. Failure to settle your account within this time frame will lead to your booking being cancelled by us and treated as a ‘voyage cancelled by you’. In certain circumstances, it may be possible to accept payment for voyages by monthly standing order. Please contact us for details of this scheme, there may be an additional handling charge.
Voyages cancelled by us
All voyages are booked with the full intention of them being delivered by Morvargh Sailing Project, however, in the unlikely event that it becomes necessary for us to cancel a voyage prior to the departure date, we will endeavour to provide you with as much notice as possible. We will always seek to offer an alternative voyage date suitable for you, but should this not be possible, any monies paid will be refunded to you in full.
Changes to itinerary
The nature of long-distance travel on a sailing yacht means that, despite making as much provision in the scheduling as is reasonably possible, it is very difficult for us to give precise arrival times or dates at any particular destination and you must be fully aware of this when signing onto a voyage and when making any associated arrangements such as hotel or flight bookings. Morvargh Sailing Project may be forced by “Force Majeure” to change or terminate the voyage after departure. If this situation does occur, Morvargh Sailing Project will be unable to make any refunds, pay you compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
Voyages cancelled by you
Under Distance Selling Regulations you have up to 14 days from your first application to change your mind and cancel your booking during which time your deposit/payment is refundable. Thereafter, and once your booking is confirmed the deposit is non-refundable and subject to our cancellation charges. The complexity and difficulty of providing voyages mean that significant costs are incurred in cancelling your arrangements. Depending on the date of termination of your booking you agree to be liable for the following cancellation charges:
- Over 31 days from departure, loss of any paid deposits.
- Less than 30 days but more than 14 days from departure – 50% of the full voyage fee.
- Less than 14 days from departure - 100% of the full voyage fee.
For the avoidance of doubt, if this Agreement is terminated for any reason, Morvargh Sailing Project retains the right to resell such places to another Client. A full refund will be given if we are able to re-book your berth or charter; if we cannot secure a re-booking all monies remain due as per above.
Changing your booking
If you should need to change your voyage dates, we ask that you do this as swiftly as possible. We can only accept changes to your booking up to 30 days before the departure date. Whilst we will do our best to assist, Morvargh Sailing Project cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your requested change. Where we can meet a request, all changes will be subject to payment of an administration fee as well as any applicable rate changes or extra costs incurred by us as well as any costs incurred by or imposed by any of our suppliers. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where Morvargh Sailing Project are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original arrangements we will treat this as a voyage cancelled by you.
In light of the continued presence of Covid-19, we are continually reviewing whether voyages can go ahead. We will only run voyages where we are happy that any risk from Covid-19 can be managed, and where we believe that it is safe and appropriate for us to do so.
If after booking you discover that you cannot sail with us for Covid-related reasons or we've had to change the voyage dates, you can move your booking to alternative dates at no charge. This includes if exam or school arrangements change, changes to local restrictions and/or lockdowns or if you are required to self-isolate.
Money Back Guarantee:
If a voyage is cancelled due to Covid-19, all participants will receive a full refund. If we've had to change a voyage date, and you subsequently cannot sail, you can cancel and receive a full refund.
Reduction in the number of participants (Group Bookings and/or Chartering)
Group bookings or charters are quoted as a ‘whole boat’ fee. If subsequently, your numbers drop you will still be liable for the whole boat fee. A minimum of 8 people are needed to operate our vessel and as such if your participants fall below this level we will treat it as a voyage cancelled by you.